Chapter 9: Stakeholder management
- Understanding stakeholders
- What is stakeholder management?
- Why is stakeholder management important?
- Stakeholder management tools
- Stakeholder communication plan
A stakeholder analysis must be conducted for any event strategy, not only to identify who the stakeholders are, but also to act as the foundation for the risk management plan.
Each stakeholder group will represent a cluster of risks and it is therefore vital to identify all individuals or organisations that might influence the planning, implementation or execution of an event.
The stakeholder analysis will shed some light on categorising and classifying stakeholders.