Chapter 19: Events within the tourism industry
- Placing events within the tourism industry as a whole
- What is event tourism?
- An overview of the South African tourism industry
- Developing a strategy to introduce South Africa to tourists
- Identifying event destinations for the national and international events industry
- An introduction to tourism marketing for the event manager
- Working with industry partners
Placing events within the tourism industry as a whole
Both tourism and event management are major industries and contributors to the South African economy. It is important for every event manager to understand the tourism industry, as international delegates to an event almost always want to see the country after the event. If these are planned accurately, bearing all logistics in mind, event managers can very successfully include tourist activities for delegates to increase the value of the conference packages provided.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.