Chapter 16: Role players in event management
- Corporate versus consulting event management
- Role players
- Structure of the event team
- Choosing the best manager for your event
- Role and responsibilities of the event manager
- Job description of an event manager
- Number and type of event staff to employ
Corporate vs consulting event management
The question is often raised: which is better, working for a corporate organisation as an in-house event co-ordinator, or for an event management consultancy?
There is no right or wrong answer. Many event professionals started their careers in a medium-to-large corporate organisation and after gaining enough experience, moved to a small-to-medium consultancy.
The following paragraphs discuss some other perceptions in industry about corporate versus consultancy. They are perceptions only, and are not necessarily true.